Friday, August 26, 2011
Postcard giveaway in honor of my Postcrossing 500 sent marker
I'm too excited, I can't wait any longer - I'm starting my postcard giveaway!
I've been waiting for my Postcrossing sent postcards (which really means registered postcards) to hit 500. I'm still at 498, but I'm starting the giveaway anyway! Here's the catch: the giveaway will be closed when I announce hitting 500 postcards, or on Tuesday, August 30 at 12pm EST - whichever comes SECOND. I realize that it's possible that 2 of my traveling postcards could be registered in the next day, which really wouldn't give folks much time to enter... so if you're thinking of entering, enter now! If I hit 500 before Tuesday, August 30 at 12pm, I'll keep the giveaway open until then. If Tuesday, August 30 at 12pm comes and I still haven't hit 500... then the giveaway is open until I do.
But what am I giving away, you ask? I'm offering 5 of my new postcards from my etsy shop. The winner can pick any combination of the designs listed above: all of one, 5 different, whatever. I will ship these anywhere in the world, so this giveaway is open to all locations.
(Hint: there's a secret bonus extra giveaway at the end of the rules, too!)
THE INEVITABLE RULES
1. HOW: To enter the giveaway, leave a comment on this post. One comment/entry per person, please.
2. WHO: No anonymous comments will be approved. You need a blogger profile to enter this giveaway (simply because I need to know who you are - I'm not going to count through "anonymous #7"), and if you don't have a blogger profile yet, just make one. It's fast, easy and free, doesn't require a blog, and I think only requires a valid email address. Also, your profile with email address MUST be viewable, or you must provide a valid email address in your comment. If your name is drawn as the winner, and I don't have or can't access an email address for you, I'll choose another winner. (Don't be an Indigo.) Either 1) you have an email address or a blog of your own accessible on your blogger profile, which I am allowed to view; or 2) you leave an email address in your comment. If your comment/entry doesn't fall into one of those categories, it won't even get approved, lest it throw the numbers off for the random number generator when I do the final pick. Lastly, keep your eyes peeled for this magical phrase after you submit your comment/entry: "Comments will be visible after blog owner approval." If you miss that and comment twice, or three times, or more, I'll delete duplicates.
3. WHERE: No location restrictions this time. I'm going to open this one up to anyone, anywhere in the world.
4. WHEN: The deadline for comments/entries is no earlier than Tuesday, August 30 at 12pm EST... but possibly later!
5. RANDOM BONUS: I will also send out two free postcards to anyone who guesses the correct country that rings in at #500! I'm not sending out any more Postcrossing cards until the 500th is registered, so these are the final 17 countries that are possibilities for this milestone. If the random winner of the larger 5-postcard giveaway also guesses the correct country, a secondary winner will be chosen for this smaller bonus... so this giveaway really has two winners. To clarify, though - to win the larger, 5-postcard giveaway, you don't have to have a correct country guess or even a country guess - everyone who comments on this post (and gets through my rigorous selection process in #2, ha!) will be entered for that prize. But you might as well guess a country, because that will give you two chances to win.
Good luck! Let the giveaway begin!